Level Generator + More! Asteroidians Release v0.4.0.125
Apparently I'm making a habit of yearly releases. Better late than never though? This version I am very excited to announce a built-in random level generator! Unfortunately I haven't figured out a good way to paint the generated levels yet. I have also spent a good chunk of time polishing front end!
- New Weapons
- Rocket Jumper - Utilize explosions as mobility!
- Cycler - Change your active character!
- Overall increases to game speed and gravity forces.
- Grapple hook now uses mouse to aim. Let me know what you think of this!
- Grapple hook physics tweaks.
- Grapple will now reset any pending fall damage.
- Character sliding now better respects slopes:
- Characters now explode when they die, and can hurt other characters.
- Can now move the game camera while holding Right or Middle mouse buttons.
- UI now tells you how many uses the current weapon you're using has left.
- New weapon sprites for: Mine, teleporter, air strike
- Rifle weapon now leaves a tracer trail, to let you better adjust your next shot.
- New randomly placed background elements with parallax (planets, city scape, clouds)
- Reduced visual intensity of wind particles.
- Added health-loss animation to character nameplates
- Added shrinky-death animation.
- Camera will now pan to the above two events.
- Clicking on character health bars (above the timer UI) will pan the camera to that character.
Lobbies & Menus:
- Reworked almost all UI project wide in order to be a consistent visual theme.
- Lobby Level Selection:
- "Built-in" level selection menu (Singleplayer and Multiplayer)
- Reroll randomly generated level button (Singleplayer and Multiplayer)
- Level Import button (Singleplayer only)
- Non-QWERTY keyboard layouts are now finally supported for keybinds!
- 4k resolution monitors no longer display everything super tiny.
- Fixed game messages not appearing at proper size.
- + Countless more!
- Unity Engine Upgraded to 2019.4.12.
- Added in-game developer console, which can be accessed with the tilde key (Just under Escape key) Use at your own risk!
- Removed various keybinds in favor of console commands.
- + Countless more!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.