Grapple and tons more! Asteroidians Release 0.3.1.76
Still largely focused on backend, but also a lot of needed front-end polish. Multiplayer stability, per usual, is questionable.
- New weapons
- The much desired Grapple hook! Swing about! No bending around terrain yet.
- Medkit - Directly heal teammates or drop one for later healing (or exploding)
- Cluster Grenade - It's a bit different
- Large changes to character physics. Still a few oddities
- Single player lobby: Toggle for fall damage and terrain damage
- Characters no longer have a dynamic fluid mesh body. I was quite torn on removing this; it was severely limiting what I could do visually with character sprites.
- Characters lose goo when hurt
- Character eyes are now dynamic and look at stuff
- Characters put weapons away when moving
- Weird inky liquid... What is this?
- Wind particles are more reactive to explosions. Wind particles can be toggled with BackQuote (`)
- Fire sprites much noisier and react to wind.
- New grave visual
- A few new weapon/projectile visuals
- Better camera "action" tracking
- Loading screen
- UI Feedback
- Explosion sounds
- Objects sinking in water make bubbly noises
- Most weapons have their own sound effects
- Characters make squishy noises
- Can now import levels with black instead of alpha.
- Can now load replays from file again.
- Physics engine speed improvements.
- Lots of improvements to code flexibility, across the board.
- Countless bug fixes
Asteroidians Server Windows 263 kB
14 days ago
Asteroidians Alpha Windows 29 MB
Version Alpha v0.3.1.76 14 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.